leg pain

The day-to-day experience of people with PA, including experiences at work and medical conditions that might be related to PA

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

leg pain

Postby evab » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:44 pm

evab

Postby anotherwithpa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

anotherwithpa

Re: leg pain

Postby pvanderaa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks, Paul - Riding the B12D roller coaster while challenged by dysgraphia (I correctly spell the wrong word when my B12 is low).
pvanderaa

Postby lynette » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:42 pm

lynette

Postby evab » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:50 pm

evab

Postby evab » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:51 pm

evab

Postby anotherwithpa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Try putting bone painin the search option, there are some posts, but it may not be PA related, lupus seems to come up a lot...Marre.
anotherwithpa

Postby paulaph » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Evab

Have you had your vit D tested? This can cause alot of bone pain (as well as rickets etc) and is much more common than some doctors realise.
paulaph

Postby evab » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 pm

[quote="paulaph"]Hi Evab

Have you had your vit D tested? This can cause alot of bone pain (as well as rickets etc) and is much more common than some doctors realise.[/quote
Hi,
yes, and it is low - I've had injections which brought it up, and now am being supplemented with capsules...injections currentoy not available in the UK!]
evab

Postby paulaph » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:01 pm

That's interesting. Did you have the jabs in another country then?
paulaph

Postby pvanderaa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks, Paul - Riding the B12D roller coaster while challenged by dysgraphia (I correctly spell the wrong word when my B12 is low).
pvanderaa

Postby lisahenderson » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I suffer terribly with bone pain in my shins and sometimes my forearms.This is permanent but varying in severity,ive had it since i was a young child :?
I just want to be friends with my body...it seems to dislike me muchly..
lisahenderson

Postby antoin2223 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Yes I too suffered with bad bone pain , my ribs were verrrry tender for a loonng time (was told its normal for your ribs to be tender...always look for a second opinion) and generalised tenderness in shins also (still have nerve issues with shins but bone pain gone tg) my vit D came back at 16.6 (lab ranges summer 50-70, winter 30-50) but in reality us sufferers need much higher levels above 100 or so. There can be a lot of scaremongering about becoming toxic but in reality it is quite difficult to achieve.So find a good practitioner/naturopath who will advise you. IMO EVERYBODY who has an auto-immune condition should get their vit D levels checked pronto as it is so important to our immune health. There is D receptor sites on every cell in our body and for those of us who live very far north of the equator (Ireland, UK, Scandanavia etc) we especially need to supplement because the sunlight we get is not of a high enough quality to produce adequate D. hth,
Antoin :)
antoin2223

Postby Luna1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:20 pm

I agree with you Antoin,

I am seeing a registered nutritionist and she has put me on quite high levels of Vit D - stuff you can't buy in the shops - as we now live in Scotland. I don't know what my levels were or are but I am pretty sure that I need it as we don't really get any good sunshine here. My teenage daughter is also on it. I notice it a bit more as I am originally from Kent so quite far South with generally much better weather! Not good really as I have always loved the sun and it always makes me feel better in every way. I was advised to take it forever.

My leg pain hasn't really subsided (despite my Vit D) since my diagnosis 7 months ago despite 2 or 3 injections per week. I am on daily 5mg folate as my need for it is high, my folate levels are still borderline despite this dose. My ribs are also extremely painful, I cannot lay on either side in bed for too long because of it but I don't know if this is also down to my tender, inflammed lymph nodes in the axilla region. My legs are weak and shaky, I also have balance problems coming back and my calves always feel like I have walked for miles, like I used to be capable of but not any more.

I am on all of the right supplements for my condition but do have gastric malabsorption so this may well be hindering things. Unfortunately, leg pain seems very common with PA and I have always taken this to mean that for those of us who suffer it, we may well have neuro damage. I also think that the lower the levels on diagnosis, mine were 88, then the longer it will take to see an improvement, with the right treatment of course. Therein lies the problem in a lot of cases.

Joanne
Luna1

Postby BeeNumber12 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:44 am

Hello
I also had bone pain off and on for a couple decades. Some bones felt as though pain originated deep inside, radiating outward (kind of funnel-shape :think: ). The pain was never in a joint but rather in the space more or less centered between joints (ie. the forearm between the wrist joint and elbow). Some bones hurt on their edges. This sort of pain (beginning in left heel) moved up my left arm, in each of my shoulders, down the right side , especially sore hip bone edge , finally stopping at the outer center edge of my right foot (probably the cuboid bone). It was always very tender to the touch when it involved bone edges. Otherwise, it mostly throbbed or the pain was sharp. I happened to be at the docs for check ups for the hip edge pain and later for the right foot edge. He prodded those areas, I told my story about it decades-long travel through my body. He managed to seem impressed by how tender to the touch my bones were. I also had a history of fever of unknown origin during those many years. I've never known the cause of this odyssey of bone pain. Or the fever.

Dorothy
Regards,
Dorothy
Please independently check any information or advice, by reading from or questioning reputable sources, before acting on it.
BeeNumber12

Next

Return to Living with PA